PhD Recipients and Dissertations 1956-present
- Goldthwaite, Scott (H) “Rhythmic patterns and formal symmetry in the fifteenth century chanson”
- Hughes, David G. (H) “A view of the passing of Gothic music: line and counter-point, 1380-1430”
- Moe, Lawrence (H) “Dance music in printed Italian lute tablatures from 1507 to 1611”
- Heartz, Daniel (H) Sources and forms of the French instrumental dance in the sixteenth century
- Velimirovic, Milos (H) The Byzantine elements in early Slavic chant
- Yellin, Victor (H) The life and operatic works of George Whitefield Chadwick
- Downes, Edward (H) The operas of Johann Christian Bach as a reflection of the dominant trends in opera seria 1750-1780
- Keller, Walter (H) The Italian organ hymn from Cavazzoni to Aresti; a study of the interrelation of Roman plainchant and liturgical keyboard music in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries
- Brown, Howard (H) The chanson in the French theater of the fifteenth and early sixteenth centuries: moralities, farces, sotties and monologues.
- Wicks, John (H) The motets of Pierre de Manchicourt, ca.1510-1564.
- D’Accone, Frank (H) A documentary history of music at the Florentine Cathedral and Baptistry during the fifteenth century.
- Layton, Billy Jim (H) Italian music for the Ordinary of the Mass, 1300-1450
- Pian, Rulan (H) Musical sources of the Sung dynasty (960-1279)
- Haar, James (H) Musica mundana: variations on a Pythagorean theme
- Slim, H. Colin (H) The keyboard ricercar and fantasia in Italy, c.1500-1550, with reference to parallel forms in European lute music of the same period.
- Jander, Owen (H) Alessandro Stradella and his minor dramatic works
- Churgin, Bathia (H) The symphonies of G.B. Sammartini
- Crawford, John (H) The relationship of text and music in the vocal works of Schoenberg, 1908-1924
- Bonta, Stephen (H) The church sonatas of Giovanni Legrenzi
- Chapman, Catherine (H) Andrea Antico
- Waldbauer, Ivan (H) The cittern in the sixteenth century and its music in France and the low countries
- Archibald, Bruce (H) Harmony in the Early Works of Alban Berg
- Berman, Laurence (H) The evolution of tonal thinking in the works of Claude Debussy
- Fuller, David (H) Eighteenth-century French harpsichord music
- Bonvalot, Anthony (H) The round of Shakespeare’s age in England and Scotland: three collectors and their store, 1580-1612
- Gallucci, Joseph (H) Festival music in Florence, ca. 1480--ca. 1520: canti carnascialeschi, trionfi, and related forms
- Kanazawa, Masakata (H) Polyphonic music for vespers in the fifteenth century
- Peterson, Floyd (H) Johann Hermann Schein’s Cymbalum Sinoium: a liturgico-musical study.
- England, Nicholas (H) ) Music among the zu wa-si of South West Africa and Botswana
- Armstrong, James (H) The Vesper psalms and magnificats of Maurizio Cazzati (ca. 1620-1678)
- Schwager, Myron (H) Beethoven’s arrangements: the chamber works
- Planchart, Alejandro (H) The repertory of tropes at Winchester
- Cardamone, Donna Gina (H) The canzone villanesca alla Napolitana : and related Italian vocal part-music: 1537-1570
- Connolly, Thomas Hugh (H) The Old Roman Introits
- Hill, John Walter (H) The life and works of Francesco Maria Veracini.
- Lindgren, Lowell Edwin (H) A bibliographic scrutiny of dramatic works set by Giovanni and his brother Antonio Maria Bononci
- Riesman, Michael De Kay (C) Phases, for electronically modulated pianoforte.
- Troy, Charles Edgar (H) The comic intermezzo in eighteenth-century Italian opera seria.
- Wright, Craig Milton (H) Music at the Court of Burgundy, 1364-1419
- Adams, Frank John (H) The place of the piano concerto in the career of Mozart: Vienna, 1782-86
- Behrens, Jack (C) Accelerando
- Kelly, Thomas Forrest (H) Responsory tropes
- Knibbs, Lester Allyson (C) Libra variations, PSI-1, for winds, strings and percussion
- Kovarik Jr., Edward George (H) Mid fifteenth-century polyphonic elaborations of the plainchant Ordinarium missae
- Schmidt, Carl Brandon (H) The operas of Antonio Cesti
- Sur, Donald Young (C) The sleepwalker’s ballad; an accompanied recitative for soprano and chamber ensemble
- Price, Curtis Alexander (H) Musical practices in Restoration plays, with a catalogue of instrumental music in the plays, 1665-1713.
- Tawa, Nicholas Edward (H) Musical practices in Restoration plays, with a catalogue of instrumental music in the plays, 1665-1713
- Wiley, Roland John (H) Tchaikovsky’s Swan lake: the first productions in Moscow and St. Petersburg
- DeFord, Ruth Irene (H) Ruggiero Giovannelli and the madrigal in Rome, 1572-1599
- Friedmann, Michael Louis (C) Duos; settings of poems by Rimbaud and Celan: for male and female voice, flute, clarinet in B-flat, piano and string trio.
- McGilvra, Douglas Price (C) Violin concerto
- Shapiro, Anne Dhu (H) The Tune-Family Concept in British-American Folk-Song Scholarship
- Vennum, Jr., Thomas (H) Southwestern Ojibwa music
- Youens, Susan Lee (H) Music and religion in the French Reformation and Counter-Reformation
- Burton, David Bryant (C) Nocturnes: 8 songs on poems by W.S. Merwin : for soprano and string trio
- McClary, Susan Kaye (H) The transition from modal to tonal organization in the works of Monteverdi
- Kabakov, Joel (C) El jaleo: dance suite for orchestra
- MacMillan, Alan John (C) Symphony - 1976
- Patterson, David Nolte (C) Chantier: for violin and piano; The celery flute player: for piano; Pied beauty: for voices, tintinnabula and magnetic tape
- Thow, John Holland (C) Winged words : for voice and chamber orchestra
- Yung, Bell (H) The music of Cantonese opera
- Banchs, William Henry (C) Concerto for bass clarinet and piano
- Erb, James Bryan (H) Orlando di Lasso’s first Magnificat publicatio : a contribution to the complete edition, with commentary
- Karchin, Louis Samuel (C) Attuned to the times and Concerto for violin and seven instruments
- St. Clair, Richard Collins (C) Sonata for piano
- Block, Geoffrey Holden (H) The genesis of Beethoven’s piano concertos in C major (op. 15) and B-flat major (op. 19): chronology and compositional process
- Bushnell, Vinson Clair (H) Daniel Read of New Haven (1757-1836): the man and his musical activities
- Davis, John Douglas (C) Token, for voice and orchestra
- Freeman, James (H) Opera production in Palermo, 1809 to 1830 : a theater and a collection of scores
- Greenberg, Gary Joseph (C) Dobeca
- Hepokoski, James Arnold (H) The compositional history of Verdi’s Falstaff : a study of the autograph score and early editions
- Leon, Garby (C) Radiation
- Love, Jacob Wainwright (C) Samoan variations
- Moshell, Gerald (H) Death,non-death, and rebirth in the neo-classical tragedies of Igor Stravinsky
- Provine Jr., Robert C. (H) Chinese ritual music in Korean sacrificial rites : music palingenesis in the early fifteenth century
- Salerni, Paul Frank (C) String quartet
- Sirota, Robert Benson (C) Bontshe the silent: a chamber opera in three scenes
- Cacioppo, Curtis P. (C) Eclogue: symphonic poem for piano
- Gajewski, Fred (C) The work sheets to Chopin’s Violoncello sonata
- Iwatake, Toru (C) Perpetuum mobile: for 16 soloists and Divertimento : for chamber orchestra
- Reichard, Kathryn Louise (H) Aspects of Weimar’s musical life, 1775-1807
- Wissmuller, Jan C. (C) Kassandra: for soprano and 15 players
- Blauvelt, Peter Oliver C. (C) Third piano sonata [op. 28]
- Capwell, Charles (H) Indian street music sound recording: the Bauls of Bengal
- Bridges, Thomas Whitney (H) The publishing of Arcadelt’s first book of madrigals microform
- Lee, Thomas Oboe (C) Phantasia for Elvira Shatayev
- Mukherjee, Nalin T. (C) The quaternity, for large orchestra
- Spilsted, Gary Richard (H) The paleography and musical repertory of Codex Tridentinus 93
- Adams, John (C) Concerto for violin and orchestra
- Cain, Elizabeth Ann (H) English chant tradition in the late Middle Ages: the introits and graduals of the temporale in the Sarum gradual
- Harris, Michael Wesley (H) The advent of gospel blues in black old-line churches in Chicago, 1932-33, as seen through the life and mind of Thomas Andrew Dorsey
- Mauk Jr., Frederick Henry (H) Aspiring to the condition of language : an examination of aesthetic considerations in the application of structural (semiological) principles to musical problems
- Wilson, John Kenneth (H) Selected Eighteenth-Century Settings of Metastasio’s Libretto
- Brief, Todd (C) Cantares: for soprano and large orchestra
- Bourland, Roger (C) Nostos, Three dark paintings, and Scenes from Redon
- Dautricourt, Jean-Pierre (C) Ceremony 2: for orchestra
- Grayson, David Alan (H) The genesis of Debussy’s Pelléas et Mélisande: a documentary history of the opera, a study of its sources, and "Wagnerian" aspects of its thematic revisions
- Mead Jr., Ernest C. (H) The instrumental ensemble canzonas of Girolamo Frescobaldi
- Myska, David Bernard (C) Ballade: for piano
- Reich, Amy (C) The one turning: [for mezzo-soprano and chamber orchestra]
- Smith, Gregory E. (H)Homer, Gregory, and Bill Evans?: the theory of formulaic composition in the context of jazz piano improvisation
- Swain, Joseph Peter (H) Limits of musical structure
- White, Pamela Cynthia (H) Idea and representation: source-critical and analytical studies of music, text and religious thought in Schoenberg’s Moses und Aron
- Gilliam, Bryan Randolph (H) Richard Strauss’s Daphne microform: opera and symphonic continuity
- MacPherson, William Alan (H) The music of the English country dance, 1651-1728 microform: with indexes of the printed source
- Meadors Jr., James M. (H) Italian lute fantasias and ricercars printed in the second half of the sixteenth century
- Pevsner, Mark (C) Trio: for violin, viola, and piano
- Hamel, Keith Aime (C) Obsessions 2: for string quartet
- Merkley, Paul Alfred (H) Conflicting assignments of antiphons in Italian tonaries
- Saunders Jr., Harris S. (H) The repertoire of a Venetian opera house (1678-1714): the Teatro Grimani di San Giovanni Grisos
- Cave 3rd, Lawrence Harold (C) Purgatory: a chamber opera in one act after Yeats
- Diamond, Joseph Aloysius (H) The tradition of three tropes
- Larson, Keith Austin (H) The unaccompanied madrigal in Naples from 1536 to 1654
- Meconi, Honey (H) Style and authenticity in the secular music of Pierre de la Rue
- Romeo, James Joseph (C) Sextet: for flute, Bb clarinet, bassoon, violin, viola, cello
- Boone, Graeme MacDonald (H) Dufay’s early chansons: chronology and style in the manuscript Oxford, Bodleian Library, Canonici misc. 213
- Hill, Robert S. (H)The Möller manuscript and the Andreas Bach book: two keyboard anthologies from the circle of the young Johann Sebastian Bach
- McKinley, Thomas Lawrence (C) Shadows
- Riggs, Robert Daniels (H) Articulation in Mozart’s and Beethoven’s sonatas for piano and violin: source-critical and analytic studies
- Shattenkirk, Ray (C) The raven variations
- Steinberg, Russell Allen (C) String quartet no. 1
- Bonds, Mark Evan (H) Haydn’s false recapitulations and the perception of sonata form in the eighteenth century
- Braus, Ira Lincoln (H) Textual rhetoric and harmonic anomaly in selected Lieder of Johannes Brahms
- Lam, Joseph Sui Shing (H)Creativity within bounds: state sacrificial songs from the Ming dynasty (1368-1644 A.D.)
- Samuel, Virginia Elizabeth (C) Symphony
- Urquhart, Peter Whitney (H) Canon, partial signatures, and "Musica ficta" in works by Josquin DesPrez and his contemporaries
- Yourke, Peter Hannon (C) Sheep in fog
- Kyr, Robert Harry (C) The fifth season: (Symphony no. 3)
- Lano, Stephen (C) Sinfonia eikasia
- Littlefield, James Patrick (C) String quartet no. 1
- Melamed, Daniel R. (H) J.S. Bach and the German motet
- Noland, Gary Lloyd (C) String quartet in four movements, op. 12
- Ossi, Massimo Michele (H) Claudio Monteverdi’s concertato technique and its role in the development of his musical thought
- Shreffler, Anne Chatoney (H) Webern’s Trakl settings
- Yim, Jay Alan (C) Geometry and delirium: for small chamber orchestra & electronics
- Eldridge, William Kilgore (C) String Quartet
- Marks, Martin Miller (H) " Film Music of the Silent Period 1895-1924"
- Mertz, Margaret Stover (H) "History, Criticism and the Sources to Benjamin Britten's The
Rape of Lucretia"
- Woolf, Randall Benson (C) Chaotic Regime for chamber Orchestra
- Klumpenhouwer, Henry J. (T) "A Generalized Model of Voice-Leading for Atonal Music"
- McGrann, Jeremiah W.R. (H) "Beethoven's Mass in C., Op. 86"
- Nichols, Jeff William (C) Take-Off, for Clarinet doubling Bass Clarinet, Percussion and String Trio
- Panetta Jr., Vincent J. (H) "Hans Leo Hassler and the Keyboard Toccata: Antecedents, Sources, Style"
- Stillman, Amy K. (E) "Himenetahiti: Ethnoscientific and Ethnohistorical Perspectivess on Choral Singing and Protestant Hymnody in the society Islands, French Polynesia"
- Boros, James (C) Bivouac for Reciter and Chamber Ensemble
- Burns, Lori A. (T) "J.S. Bach's Choral Harmonizations of Modal Cantus Firmi"
- Kilroy, David M. (H) "Kurt Weill on Broadway: The Postwar Years (1945-50)"
- Spragg, Deborah T. (C) Face to Face (Ten Sappho Fragments) for Soprano and Five Instruments
- Stadelman, Jeffrey (C) Beatrice for Mezzo-soprano, Bass Clarinet, Violin and Piano
- Wesner, Amanda Z. (H) "The Chansons of Loyset Compere: Authenticity and Stylistic Development"
- Durante, Sergio (H) "Mozart and the Idea of Vera Opera: A Study of La Clemenza Di Tito"
- Kurth, Richard Burton (T) "Mosaic Isomorphism and Mosaic Polyphony: Balance and Imbalance in Schoenberg's Twelve-Tone Rhetoric"
- Wollny, Peter (H) "Studies in the Music of Wilhelm Friedemann Bach: Sources and Style"
- Alexander, Peter (C) Symphony No. 1
- Brandt, Anthony (C) Septet-a-Tete for Flute, Bass Clarinet, Two Percussion, Piano, Violin, and Cello
- Beller-McKenna, Daniel (H) "Brahms, the Bible, and Post-Romanticism: Cultural Issues in Johannes Brahms' Later Settings of Biblical Texts, 1877-1896"
- Leafstedt, Carl (H) "Music and Drama in Bela Bartok's Opera Duke Bluebeard's Castle"
- Neill, Roger (C) Enemy Way Music
- Abdel-Gawad, Riad (C) Taqaseem for Chamber Orchestra
- Amati-Camperi, Alexandra (H) "An Italian Genre in the Hands of a Frenchman: Philippe Verdelot as Madrigalist, with Special Emphasis on the Six-Voice pieces"
- Kalogeras, Alexandros (C) Anax Apollon
- Kozachek, Thomas (H) "The Repertory of Chant for Dedicating Churches in the MIddle Ages: Music, Liturgy, and Ritual"
- Jun Fu Road to Shu
- Stone, Anne (H) "Writing Rhythm in Late Medieval Italy: Notation and Musical Style in the Manuscript Modena Alpha.M.D, 24"
- Abbate, Elizabeth (H) "Myth, Symbol, and Meaning in Mahler's Early Symphonies"
- Andre, Naomi Adele (H) "Azucena, Eboli, and Amneris: Verdi's Writing for Women's Lower Voices"
- Awad, Emil (C) Zazil for Orchestra
- Greer, Mary (H) "The Sacred Duets and Terzets of Johann Sebastian Bach: A Study of Genre and Musical Text Interpretation"
- Gokita, Takehiko (C) Autumn Tear for Orchestra
- Johnson, John A. (H) "Gershwin's 'American Folk Opera': The Genesis, Style, and Reputation of Porgy and Bess (1935)"
- Koto, Takashi (C) The Distant Stars for Orchestra
- Lukes, Roberta (H) "The Poeme electronique of Edgard Varese"
- Rindfleisch, Andrew (C) Fun House
- Risinger, Mark (H) "Handel's Compositional Premises and Procedures: Creative Adaptation and Assimilation in Selected Works, 1733-44"
- Yu, Siu Way (H) "The meaning and Cultural Functions of Non-Chinese Musics in the 18th -Century Manchu Court"
- Ahn, Suhnne (H) "Genre, Style, and Compositional Procedure in Beethoven's 'Kreutzer' Sonta"
- Davis, Mary (H) "Irony, Logic and Form" Sources for the Esprit Galois in the Piano Works of Erik Satie"
- Koczela, Jason (C) Octet
- Krims, Adam (T) "Some Structuralist and Post-Structuralist Models for Music Theory"
- Morrison, Ann (E) "Music That Moves Between Worlds: Wabanaki Music as Tradition and History"
- Shimizu, Kensaku (C) Orchestral Work
- Gallagher, Sean (H) "Models of Varietas: Studies in Style and Attribution in the Motets of Johannes Regis and His Contemporaries"
- Kozachek, Laura (H) "The Specialnik Dodex, Hradec Kralove, Krajske Muzeum Knihovna (Regional Museum Library), MS II A7"
- McGuire, Charles (H) "Epic Narration: The Oratorios of Edward Elgar"
- Raul Romero (E) "Debating the Pasts: Music, Identity and Mestijaje in the Central Peruvian Andes"
- Andrew Shenton (H) "The Unspoken Word: Olivier Messiaen's 'Langage Communicable"
- Kathryn Welter (H) "Johann Pachelbel: Organist, Teacher, Composer: A Critical Reexamination of His Life, Work, and Liturgical Significance"
- Kotilaine, Jennifer Baker (H) "Culture Bearers, Culture Brokers: Ratilio and folk Music in Post-Soviet Lithuania"
- Bisson, Noel (H) "English Polyphony for the Virgin Mary: The Votive Antiphon, 1420-1500"
- Horne, David (C) A Friend of the People--Opera in Three Acts with a Prologue
- Hulse, Brian (C) Clarinet Quintet
- Kidger, David (H) "The Masses of Adrian Willaert: A Critical Study"
- Neidhofer, Christoph (T) "An Approach to Interrelating Counterpoint and Serialism in the Music of Igor Stravinsky, Focusing on the Principal Diatonic Works of his Transitional Period"
- Stallmann, Kurt (C) String Quartet #1
- Taddie, David (C) Mutant: for Chamber Orchestra and Electronic Tape
- Al-Zand, Karim (T) "The Improvisational Style of Julian 'Cannonball' Adderley"
- Chen, Jen-yen (H) "The a cappella Style in Viennese Sacred Music of the Later 18th Century"
- Fisher, Alexander (H) "Music in Counter-Reformation Augsburg: Musicians, Rituals and Repertories in a Religiously Divided City"
- Gollin, Edward (T: November, 2000) "Representations of Space and Conceptions of Distance in Transformational Music Theories"
- Gosman, Alan (T) "Compositional Approaches to Tonal Canon"
- Hakenberg, Stefan (C) Oder River Image
- Holland, Jonathan (C: November, 2000) Actions Rendered: Interpretations of Pollock for Three Orchestras
- Ito, Hiroko (C) Aperture II for Eleven Players
- Tang, Patricia (E) "Masters of the Sabar: Wolof Griots in Contemporary Senegal"
- McLoskey, Lansing (C) (November, 2001) Requiem, ver. 2.001x
- James, April (H) "Her Highness' Voice: Maria Antonia, Music and Culture at the Dresden Court"
- Cohen, Judah (E) "Becoming a Reform Jewish Cantor: a Study in Cultural Investment"
- Gyger, Elliott (C) Polishing Firewood for cello and ensemble
- Roe-Min Kok (H) "Romantic Childhood, Bourgeois Commercialism and the Music of Robert Schumann"
- Arni Ingolfsson (H) "'These Are The Things You Never Forget': The Written and Oral Traditions of Icelandic Tvísöngur"
- Thomas Peattie (H) (November, 2002) "The fin-de-siecle metropolis, memory, modernity and the music of Gustav Mahler"
- Andrew Talle (H)"J. S. Bach's Keyboard Partitas and Their Early Audience"
- Stephanie Treloar (H) "The Madrigals of Giaches de Wert: Patrons, Poets and Compositional Procedures"
- Jeannie Guerrero (T) "Text-setting techniques in Luigi Nono's choral work (1956-1960)"
- Erik Spangler (C) Mandala of the Four Directions: a ritual cantata for 4 singers and 4 ensembles
- Richard Whalley (C), A Wisp of Spring Cloud
- Kiri Miller (E) "A Long Time Traveling: Song, Memory, and the Politics of Nostalgia in the Sacred Harp Diaspora"
- Matthew Peattie (H) "The Beneventan Antiphon and the Influence of Beneventan Style in the South Italian Office"
- Lara Pellegrinelli (E) "The Song is Who? Beyond 'Doubleness' in Mainstream, Contemporary Jazz Singing"
- Julia Randel (H) (November, 2004) "Visual Hearing: Balanchine's Choreography as Analysis and Interpretation of Stravinsky's Late Works"
- Ken Ueno (C) Iku
- Cynthia Gonzales (T) (November 2005) "Text-Music Relationships in the Early Songs of Arnold Schoenberg"
- David Kaminsky (E) (November 2005) "Hidden Traditions: Conceptualizing Swedish Folk Music in the Twentieth Century"
- Zoe Lang (H) (November 2005) "Light" Music and Austrian Identity: the Strauss Family Legacy in Austrian Politics and Culture, 1918-1938
- Helen Lee (C) (November 2005) reflections
- Lei Liang (C) septet
- Christina Linklater (H) Popularity, Presentation and the Chansonnier Saint-Germain-des-Prés
- Bettina Varwig (H) “Expressive Forms: Rethinking Rhetoric in the Music of Heinrich Schütz”
- Du Yun (C) Zolle: a music-theatre
- Aaron Allen (H) (November 2006) “Beethoven’s Music in Nineteenth-Century Italy: A Critical Review
of its Reception through the Early 1860s"
- David Black (H) “Mozart and the Practice of Sacred Music 1781–91”
- Michael Cuthbert (H) (November 2006) “Trecento Fragments and Polyphony Beyond the Codex"
- Richard Giarusso (H) “Dramatic Slowness: Adagio Rhetoric in Late Nineteenth-Century Austro-German Music”
- Christopher Jon Honett (C) Courtesy of Blue
- Natalie Kirschstein (E) “Reclaiming the Future: Communal Space, Collective Memory, and Political Narrative
on Uruguay’s Murga Stage”
- Jonathan Kregor (H) “Franz Liszt and the Vocabularies of Transcription, 1833–65”
- Sarah Morelli (E) “‘From Calcutta to California’ Negotiations of Movement and Meaning in Kathak Dance”
- Jessie Rodin (H)“Josquin and the Polyphonic Mass in the Sistine Chapel”
- Julie Rohwein (C) Shattered Glass
- Eliyahu Shoot (C) (March 2007) Passage. A Musical Portfolio
- Benjamin Steege (T) “Material Ears: Hermann von Helmholtz, Attention, and Modern Aurality”
- Jonathan Wild (T) (March 2007) “Tessellating the Chromatic: Combinatorial Resources of Pitch Space”
- Aaron Berkowitz (E) Cognition in Improvisation: the Art and Science of Spontaneous Musical Performance
- Brigid Cohen (H) (November 2007) “Migrant Cosmopolitan Modern: Cultural Reconstruction in Stefan Wolpe’s Musical Thought, 1919-1972”
- Aaron Girard (H) (November 2007) “Music Theory in the American Academy”
- Mary Greitzer (T) (November 2007) “Tormented Voices”
- Robert Hasegawa (T) “Just Intervals and Tone: Representation in Contemporary Music”
- Anton Vishio (T) “Asymmetries in Post-Tonal Counterpoint”
- Matthew Clayton (E) (March 2009) “M-Base: Envisioning Change for Jazz in the 1980s and Beyond
- Peter Gilbert (C) (November 2008) The bold arch of undreamt bridges assembled compositions
- Jose Luis Hurtado (C) Letargo e Instante for piano soloist and large ensemble
- Nicholas Vines (C) (November 2008) The Hive A Chamber Opera in Seven Tableaux
- Emily Abrams Ansari (H) (March 2010) "Masters of the President's Music": Cold War Composers and the U.S,Government
- William Bares (E) (November 2009) Eternal Triangle: American Jazz in European Postmodern
- Petra Gelbart (E) Learning Music, Race and Nation in the Czech Republic
- Marc Gidal (E) Crossing and Purifying Boundaries: The Music of Umbanda and Quimbanda within the Afro-Gaucho Religious Community of Southernmost Brazil
- Hannah Lash (C) Portfolio of Compositions
- Drew Massey (H) An Unobtrusive Minister of Genius: John Kirkpatrick and the Editing of Contemporary American Music
- Karola Obermueller (C) Pressure and Shadow
- Adam Roberts (C) Works 2005-2010
- Matthias Roeder (H) (March 2010) Music, Politics, and Public sphere in Late 18th-Century Berlin
- Dominique Schafer (C)(November 2009) Gravity as the Source of Lightness: A set of seven compositions
- David Trippett (November 2009) Wagner’s Melodies: Aesthetics and Materialism in the Construction of German Musical Identity, 1840-1860.
- Ryan Banagale (H), “Rhapsodies In Blue: New Narratives for an Iconic American ‘Composition’”
- Davide Ceriani (H), “Italianizing the Metropolitan Opera House: Giulio Gatti-Casazza’s Era and the Politics of Opera
in New York City, 1908-1935”
- Jean-Francois Charles (C), Music Composition: An Interactive Approach
- Ellen Exner (H), “The Forging of a Golden Age: King Frederick the Great and Music in Berlin 1732-1756”Bert van Herck, Nessuno Sentiva
- Sheryl Kaskowitz (E), “As We Raise Our Voices: A Social History and Ethnography of ‘God Bless America,’
- Ulrich Kreppein (C), Soundworlds, World of Sounds
- Evan MacCarthy (H), “Music and Learning in Early Renaissance Ferrara, c. 1430-1470”
- Alexandra Monchick (H), “Silent Opera: The Manifestation of Silent Film Techniqus in Opera during the Weimar
- Sasha Siem (C), Works, 2006-2011
- Bert van Herck (C), Nessuno Sentiva
- Tolga Yayalar (C), A Book of Ingenious Devices: A Musical Portfolio
- Anna Zayaruznaya (November, 2010) (H), “Form and Idea in the Ars Nova Motet”
- Corinna Campbell (E), "Personalizing Tradition: Surinamese Maroon Music and Dance
in Contemporary Urban Practice"
- Glenda Goodman (H), "American Identities in an Atlantic Musical World: Transhistorical Case Studies"
- Michael Heller (E), "Reconstructing We: History, Memory and Politics in a Loft Jazz Archive"
- Katherine Lee (E) "Encounters with Samulnori: The Cultural Politics of South Korea's Dynamic Percussion Genre"
- Frank Lehman (T), "Reading Tonality Through Film: Transformational Hermeneutics and the Music of Hollywood."
- Hillary Zipper (C), Composition Portfolio
- Andrea Bohlman (H) (November 2012), "Activism and Music in Poland, 1978-1989"
- William Cheng (H) (November 2012), "Technologies of Transgression and Musical Play in Video Game Cultures"
- Louis Epstein (H), "Toward a Theory of Patronage: Funding for Music Composition in France, 1918-1939"
- Ashely Fure (C), Boundary Notions: A Sonic Arts Portfolio
- John McKay (T), (November 2012) "Universal Music-Making: Athanasium Kircher and Musical Thought in the Seventeenth Century"
- Daniel Mekonnen (AM)
- Matthew Mugmon (H), "The American Mahler: Musical Modernism and Transatlantic Networks, 1920-1960"
- Gina Rivera (H), "Les filles de l'Opéra in the Early Eighteenth Century,"
- Meredith Schweig (E), "The Song Readers: Rap Music and the Politics of Storytelling in Taiwan"
- Gabriele Vanoni (C), Sculpting Sounds and Colors: Works 2008-2013
- Edgar Barroso, "Transdisciplinary Collaboration, Gestural Embodiment of Sound and Social Context. A Framework for a Sonic Portfolio"
- Christopher Chowrimootoo (November 2013) “Middlebrow Modernism: Britten’s Operas and the Great Divide”
- Elizabeth Titrington Craft, "Becoming American Onstage: Broadway Narratives of Immigrant Experiences in the United States"
- Andrew Friedman, "Momentum: A Phenomenology of Musical Flow and Meaning"
- Hannah Lewis, "Negotiating the Soundtrack: Music in Early Sound Film in the U.S. and France, 1926-1934"
- Gavin Williams (November 2013) “Arts of Noise: Sound and Media in Milan ca. 1900”
- Aaron Allen, University of North Carolina Greensboro
- Karim Al-Zand, Shepherd School of Music, Rice University
- Emily Abrams Ansari, University of Western Ontario
- Ryan Banagale, Colorado College
- William Bares, Univesity of North Carolina, Asheville
- Aaron Berkowitz, Harvard Medical School
- Noel Bisson, Harvard University
- David Black, Research Fellow, Homerton College, Cambridge University
- Andrea Bohlman, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- Anthony Brandt, Shepherd School of Music, Rice University
- Corinna Campbell, Williams College
- Davide Ceriani, Rowan University
- Will Cheng, Dartmouth College
- Christopher Chowrimootoo, University of Notre Dame
- Brigid Cohen, New York University
- Judah Cohen, Indiana University
- Myke Cuthbert, MIT
- Louis Epstein, St. Olaf College
- Ellen Exner, University of South Carolina
- Alexander Fisher, University of British Columbia
- Ashley Fure, Dartmouth College
- Sean Gallagher, New England Conservatory
- Richard Giarusso, Peabody Conservatory
- Marc Gidal, Ramapo College of New Jersey
- Peter Gilbert, University of New Mexico
- Ed Gollin, Williams College
- Cynthia Gonzales, School of Music, Texas State University
- Alan Gosman, Michigan State University
- Mary Greitzer, Eastman School of Music
- Jeannie Guerrero, Eastman School of Music
- Robert Hasegawa, McGill University
- Jonathan Holland, Berklee College of Music
- Brian Hulse, Christopher Newsport University
- Jose Luis Hurtado, University of New Mexico
- Arni Ingolfsson, Iceland Academy of the Arts
- David Kaminsky, University of California, Merced
- David Kim, Whitman University
- Roe-Min Kok, McGill University
- Jon Kregor, University of Cincinnati
- Zoe Lang, University of Southern Florida
- Hannah Lash, Yale University
- Katherine I Lee, University of California, Davis
- Frank Lehman, Tufts University
- Hannah Lewis, University of Texas, Austin
- Lei Liang,
University of California, San Diego
- Christina Linklater, Harvard University ( Houghton Library)
- Evan MacCarthy, University of West Virginia
- Drew Massey, SUNY Binghamton
- Lansing McLoskey, Frost School of Music, University of Miami
- Charles McGuire, Oberlin College
- John Z McKay, University of South Carolina School of Music
- Kiri Miller, Brown University
- Alexandra Monchick, California State University, Northridge
- Sarah Morelli, Lamont School of Music, University of Denver
- Ann Morrison Spinney, Boston College
- Rowland Moseley, Dartmouth College(one-year appointment)
- Matthew Mugmon, University of Arizona
- Christoph Neidhöfer, McGill University
- Karola Obermueller, University of New Mexico
- Matthew Peattie, University of Cincinatti
- Thomas Peattie, Boston University
- Lara Pelligrinelli, University of Richmond
- Julia Randel, Hope College, MI
- Gina Rivera, postdoctoal position, UPenn
- Adam Roberts, Istanbul Technical University, Centre for Advanced Research in Music
- Jesse Rodin, Stanford University
- Meredith Schweig, Emory University
- Eliyahu Shoot, Tulane University
- Erik Spangler, Maryland Institute College of Art
- Kurt Stallmann, Rice University
- Benjamin Steege, Columbia University
- Andrew Talle, Peabody Conservatory; Johns Hopkins University
- Patricia Tang, MIT
- Wenqi Tang, Hope College (post-doc)
- David Trippett, Bristol University, UK
- Ken Ueno, UC Berkeley
- Gabriele Vanoni, Berklee College of Music
- Bettina Varwig, King's College, London
- Nicholas Vines, Sydney Grammar School, NSW
- Anton Vishio, NYU Steinhardt
- Richard Whalley, University of Manchester, England
- Jon Wild, McGill University
- Du Yun, SUNY Purchase
- Anna Zayaruznaya, Yale University