Lowell Lecture Hall

Built in 1902 by architect Guy Lowell, '92. The building was the gift of Professor A. Lawrence Lowell and was called the "New Lecture Hall" until it was renamed in A. Lawrence Lowell's honor in 1959.

Lowell Hall was badly damaged by water after being unoccupied for 20 years. Sponsored by the Faculty of Arts & Sciences and the Division of Continuing Education, Lowell Hall renovations were completed in 1994.

 The architect was Robert Olson and Associates, Boston. The work received an Honor Award from the "Build Massachusetts Program" of the Associated General Contractors of Massachusetts in 1995.

-----------------------------------------

Home | Harvard College | Harvard University
This page maintained by Webmaster.
For more information, contact the Memorial Hall/Lowell Hall Complex at 617.496.4595.
Last Updated: 01/17/14
URL: http:// www.fas.harvard.edu /~memhall/lowell.html
Copyright The President and Fellows of Harvard College