- Objectivity (Zone Books, 2007)
- Einstein's Clocks, Poincaré's Maps (W.W. Norton, 2003)
- Image and Logic (University of Chicago Press, 1997)
- How Experiments End (University of Chicago Press, 1987)
- Einstein for the 21st Century: His Legacy in Science, Art, and Modern Culture (Princeton University Press, 2008; ed. with Gerald Holton and Silvan S. Schweber)
- Atmospheric Flight in the Twentieth Century (Kluwer, 2000; ed. with Alex Roland)
- Scientific Authorship: Credit and Intellectual Property in Science (Routledge, 2003; ed. with Mario Biagioli)
- Science in Culture (Transaction Publishers, 2001; Stephen Graubard, Editor)
- The Architecture of Science (MIT Press, 1999; ed. with Emily Thompson)
- Picturing Science, Producing Art (Routledge, 1998; ed. with Caroline Jones)
- The Disunity of Science: Boundaries, Contexts, and Power (Stanford University Press, 1996; ed. with David J. Stump)
- Big Science: The Growth of Large-Scale Research (Stanford University Press, 1992; ed. with Bruce Hevly)
- "Scientific Coordination as Ethos and Epistemology," (with Lorraine Daston), in Instruments in Art and Science: On the Architectonics of Cultural Boundaries in the 17th Century, ed. by Helmar Schramm, Ludger Schwarte, and Jan Lazardzig (Walter de Gruyter, 2008), pp. 296-333.
- "Things and Thoughts," in My Einstein: Essays by Twenty-four of the World's Leading Thinkers on the Man, His Work, and His Legacy, ed. by John Brockman (Pantheon Books, 2006).
- "Theory Bound and Unbound: Superstrings and Experiment," in Laws of Nature: Essays on the Philosophic, Scientific, and Historical Dimensions (Walter de Gruyter, 1995), pp. 369-408.
- "Re-reading the Past from the End of Physics: Maxwell's Equations in Retrospect," in Functions and Uses of Disciplinary Histories, ed. by Loren Graham, Wolf Lepenies, and Peter Weingart (Kluwer, 1983), pp. 35-51.
- "Material Culture, Theoretical Culture, and Delocalization," in Science in the Twentieth Century, ed. by John Krige and Dominique Pestre (Harwood, 1997), pp. 669-682.
- "Removing Knowledge," Critical Inquiry 31 (Autumn 2004): pp. 229-243.
- "Specific Theory," Critical Inquiry 30, no. 2 (Winter 2004), pp. 379-383.
- "Objectivity is Romantic," in Humanities and the Sciences, ed. by Jerome Friedman, Peter Galison, and Susan Haack (ACLS, 2000), pp. 15-43.
- The Collective Author," in Scientific Authorship: Credit and Intellectual Property in Science, ed. by Mario Biagioli and Peter Galison (Routledge, 2003), pp. 325-353.
- "The Theater of Forgetting," Cabinet 42 (Summer 2011): pp. 78-79.
- "The Sextant Equation: E=mc2," in It Must be Beautiful: Great Equations of Modern Science, ed. by Graham Farmelo (Granta Books, 2002), pp. 28-46.
- "Structure of Crystal, Bucket of Dust," in Circles Disturbed: The Interplay of Mathematics and Narrative, ed. by Apostolos Doxiadis and Barry Mazur (Princeton University Press, 2012), pp. 52-78.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (617) 495-3544
- HS 97b: Tutorial - Sophomore Year
- HS 120: History and Philosophy of Modern Physics
- HS 121: History and Philosophy of Experimentation
- HS 152: Filming Science
- HS 222r: Research in the History and Philosophy of Physical Sciences
- HS 283: Technoprivacy
- HS 295r: Scientific and Legal Doubt: Inter-School, Faculty-Student Workshop
- General Examination (Ph.D.)
- Science A-41: The Einstein Revolution